Dr. Rivest – Your Counselor
Over 29 Years of Counseling Experience
- Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor (NCCA)
- Board Certified: Sex Therapy & Counseling (UACCI)
- Board Certified Depression Counselor (UACCI)
- Board Certified Hospice & Bereavement Counselor (UACCI)
- Board Certified Clinical Supervisor (NBCCT)
- Diplomate: National Board of Christian Clinical Therapist
- (Diplomate is the highest status that can be earned from a licensing agency)
The National Christian Counselors Association has named Dr. Rivest as one of their top counselors.
Dr. Rivest is licensed by the National Christian Counselors Association. He is under the authority of a National Licensing Board of Examiners.
- M.S. in Education (Canisus College)
- Ph.D. in Christian Counseling (Bethany Theological Seminary)
- D.S.T. in Sacred Theology (Bethany Theological Seminary)
- Both earned doctorates are from Bethany Divinity College and Seminary (formerly known as Bethany Bible College and Theological Seminary)
- D.D. (Doctor of Divinity, Causa Honoris) (St. Francis Seminary)
- LL.D. (Doctor of Letters, Causa Honoris) (St. Anthony House Bible Institute)
- D.D. (Doctor of Divinity, Causa Honoris) (St. Andrew’s Theological College and Seminary)
- Who’s Who in Executives and Businesses 1999-2000
- Outstanding Intellectual of the 21st Century, 2006, Award (IBC)
- Leading Educators of the World, 2006, Award (IBC)
- Plato Award for Outstanding Teaching 2007 Award (IBC)
- Excellence in Teaching Award, 2007 (DCCC)
Dr. Rivest is also an experienced classroom teacher with twelve (12) years of service in Secondary and College instruction.
He has conducted seminars and workshops throughout the United States and Canada as well as being a radio and television personality. He has done extensive writing in a number of professional mediums.
Religious leaders and pastors seek out his advice for both personal and professional development.
Dr. Rivest has completed several medical internships at hospitals and nursing homes including Hospice. He has had over 5000 hours of clinical supervision.
He is currently Dean of St. Stephen Theological College and Seminary and Graduate adviser for St. Andrew’s Theological College and Seminary.
Many local and national companies seek his advice on business growth and success practices.
Dr. Rivest has also been ranked in the top 100 Ultra Runners for 50 mile races in the United States.
I am married to Kathleen. Our three daughters are all grown up making us grandparents many times over. I love cats, dogs and all things small. Give me a good steak, a good laugh, and you will have a friend for life. My secret wish is to get back in shape to run more Ultra-runs. My expressed wish is to spend more time with those I love.