Guiding you toward hope, wisdom, and joy.
No matter what the problem, we will work together towards a solution.
Make a New and Better Relationship, Not Just Patch Up the Old One.
Most couples that come into counseling are looking for hope in a seemingly hopeless situation.
Almost always they leave their first counseling visit more hopeful and with a plan to make things better.
When I, Dr. Rivest, counsel I am goal orientated. Together we will set goals to fit your specific needs. When goals are achieved then hope increases.
I do not let couples use their counseling time to fight or put the other one down. Remember we are after the goals not each other.
Marriage Counseling is a combination of couple counseling and individual counseling. Each member usually has topics to discuss privately.
We can discuss such issues as:
- Healing infidelity
- Sex, the lack of, for whatever reason, e.g. dysfunction, or lack of interest
- The in-laws or other conflicting relationships
- The individual’s needs (we give a test to help determine what the needs are)
- Family of origin and how that affects the marriage
- Conflict resolution (how to fight well)
- What is marriage after all?
- Children and the raising of children
- How to create a successful Christian marriage
- Role expectations
- What is love, really?
- Mixed marriages
- Blended families
- Creating a marital vision
- How to have fun again